Sunday 8 February 2015

Make your own Ripped Jeans!

Hiii, today I have a step-by-step guide on how to rip your jeans. I thought it would be a good thing to do because ripped jeans are so in at the moment and they're easy to make so I hope you enjoy! 


First thing you need to do is mark where you want the rip to be. Mark roughly how long you want the rip to be so you don't go over the top when you're cutting. You can do it freestyle but I prefer doing it like this as it gives you an outline of where you need to cut. 


 Next, grab a pair of scissors, open them out and put one end at the edge of the line. Apply a bit of pressure and drag the end across the line. It might take a few tries but eventually, you will see a rip appearing. 


When you have a big enough rip, really gently pull both sides of the hole apart. this will loosen up some of the threads and give it a really good look. 
If you want a hole rather than a rip, add a bit more force when pulling the sides. 


This is an optional step but you can use a small bit of sandpaper on the edges of the rip to give a really good frayed effect. 


Then add as many as you like! 


I hope you found this useful and easy to do! Let me know in the comments if you need help with anything and I'll get back to you! 

:) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment